How the Campervan GPS Tracker Works
The tracker receives a signal from the sky satellites and sends the position information through the internet to your phone app or desktop computer.
When you purchase this tracker it comes with a SIM card already installed powered up and ready to go. The SIM card comes with free credit to last 12 months based on average mileage and three-minute position upload intervals. You can even track it coming towards you in the post. After 12 months you can add credit to your SIM for a small fee of €49 and this will last another 12 months. Munster GPS will send you a text or email notification when the credit is about to run out and will include a link to top-up.
The tracker comes with a desktop web portal where you can track live on your PC monitor or alternatively, you can track on your mobile phone app.
If you have a fleet of campervans we will set you up with an account to enable you to view all Campervans on one monitor. You will also be able to set the tracker to alert you if the campervan exceeds a pre-set speed or if the campervan goes outside a pre-set route/area.
Campervan GPS Tracker Features
- Auto Track: Once the tracker is moving it uploads a new position every 3 minutes
- Geofence: A predefined virtual fence is set up around a site. If the Tracker goes outside this perimeter it will send an alarm to your phone.
- Over-Speed Alert: You can set the maximum speed to any number. If it is set to 100kph and the Tracker travels >100kph an alarm is sent to your phone with the current speed, position, time & date.
- Route History: Can check where the truck travelled on a specific date. You can replay a specific route it took and it even shows you where it stopped and parked during the journey.
- Size: 90 x 72 x 22 mm
What is Included with your Campervan GPS Tracker
- Magnetic GPS Tracker
- 5000mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- Free mobile app and web portal
- Charging cable
- Voltage Reducer for hard wiring to campervan
Campervan GPS Tracker Installation
If you are using the Tracker internal battery only then just find a place in the vehicle where it can’t be seen but where it is most likely to receive a satellite signal. There is a strong magnet incorporated in the tracker structure to allow attaching quickly to any metal point in the vehicle.
For hard wiring to the vehicle use the accompanying voltage reducer and connect to 12/24v and earth of the vehicle ensuring it is from a fused source. If you would prefer to have a professional install your tracker we have compiled a list of recommended Auto Electricians.
Notes & Conditions
Please note GPS trackers are dependent on Satellite and GSM coverage. Make sure the GPS Tracker is in an optimum position in the camper van to allow maximum satellite signal and make sure there is credit in the SIM at all times.
When Munster GPS supplies a tracker with a SIM card installed it has enough data credit for the tracker to work for 12 months with average mileage and a 3-minute interval upload. Please make sure the tracker settings are not adjusted as this may affect your SIM credit.
The app and web portal are operated by the manufacturer and not by Munster GPS. In the unlikely event of downtime or app deletion, we cannot be held responsible as it is under the control of a third party. However, we have been working with this particular manufacturer since January 2014 and there has been no downtime to date. Trackers cannot be installed in any camper van without the driver’s and owner’s consent
No Hidden Costs
Don’t be fooled by other Tracker suppliers with cheaper products. Most of these cheaper products come without a SIM card and it costs €20/month ongoing which they fail to mention. Others supply with a SIM card and charge €20/month ongoing.
- No Monthly Fees
- No binding Contract
- Does include a 12 month’s Guarantee
- Full ongoing support service